This website https://thelivelovelaughfoundation.org (“Website”) is owned and operated by The Live Love Laugh Foundation, a charitable trust registered under the Indian Registration Act, 1908 (“TLLLF”). Through the Website, TLLLF provides an interactive platform through which users are provided with an opportunity to seek information on mental health awareness, specifically depression, stress and anxiety, and post testimonials sharing their experiences with other users of the Website (“Services”).
The terms ‘TLLLF’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to the owners of this Website. The terms ‘you’ or ‘user’, and all its grammatical variations, refer to the user or viewer of our Website.
Please note that this Policy is only applicable to the users of the Website and the information and data gathered on the Website and not to any other information or website. You are hereby advised to read this Policy carefully and fully understand the nature and purpose of gathering and/or collecting sensitive, personal and other information and the usage, disclosure and sharing of such information.
(1) This Policy explains
- The information we may collect about you online;
- The use and role of cookies and similar technologies on our Website;
- How we will protect and use information we collect about and from you;
- The circumstances in which we might disclose your details to anyone else;
- When we may use your details to contact you; and
- How you can be sure the information we hold about you is accurate and current.
(2) Information Gathered
- In general, you can visit the Website without revealing your identity or any personal information about yourself. However, you may choose to register for one of TLLLF’s programmes, post a testimonial on the Website, subscribe to our newsletter and/or have test results mailed to you, which may require you to reveal your identity and/or other information about you.
Information that we collect from you at registration or at any other time may include, among other details, the following information:
(ii) Full name
(vii) Date of birth
(viii) Email address
(ix) Contact number
(x) Permanent Account Number (PAN)
(xi) name and email address of a third party, specifically under the ‘gift a donation’ feature on the Website
- In addition, we may collect demographic information such as information about your computer, hardware, software, platform, media, Internet Protocol (IP) address and connection, information about online activity such as feature usage and click paths, and other data that you may provide in surveys or through stories posted. We may combine demographic information with Personal Information to tailor our offerings or web pages to your preferences or interests.
(3) Sensitive Personal Information
- You acknowledge that in the course of your use of the Website we may receive SPI, when you choose to provide information (either through a testimonial or through emails sent to us) related to your physical, physiological condition or information pertaining to your medical records and history, and you hereby consent and agree to allow us to store and display the SPI collected in this manner on the Website and disclose it in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- It is clarified that with respect to any SPI that you may share with us, you have the sole right to determine whether you want to share such information with us, and that you can continue to use the Website without the sharing of any SPI.
(4) Personal Information
- Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify you and that is not otherwise publicly available, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, age, gender, place of residence and an email address, phone number or other contact information, preferred language, photograph, as well as any information related to your profession or academic qualifications.
- We may collect Personal Information from you when you post information on the Website or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. We may use your email address and any other contact information you provide, to contact you in relation to your use of the Services or with regard to any issues that may arise in the course of your use of the Services.
- If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s) and other materials, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter and materials to you. You may take any tests that are available on the Website without revealing your identity or any Personal Information about yourself and view your results, but if you require the results to be emailed to you, we will use your name and email address to send the results to your inbox. The results or information collected during any tests are not stored on our servers, and are handled by a third party site.
(5) Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Some of our web pages may also utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about your activity on our Website. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by you. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you may need to re-enter your Personal Information to gain access to certain parts of our Website including your registered account.
- Tracking technologies may automatically record information such as Internet domain and host names; other information about your geographic location; IP addresses; browser software and operating system types; CPU type; your manner of connecting to the Internet (e.g., connection speed through narrowband or broadband access); click paths; dates and times that our Website is accessed; and duration of use of the Website and/or the Services.
- We only use first-party Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics and do not collect any Personal Information that can be used to identify you. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the Website, how you got here and what you click on. We do not allow Google Analytics to use or share our analytics data.
- We use social media buttons to allow users to easily share pages and post them to social media networks. These use third party cookies over which we have no control.
(6) Uses of Personal Information
- We may use Personal Information and other information received and collected from you to provide the Services you have requested, to enable you to access and post comments on the Website, or any part thereof, and to contact you upon your request and when otherwise necessary. We may also use Personal Information for auditing, research and analysis, and to operate and improve our Services. In certain circumstances, we may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties. When we use third parties to assist us in processing your Personal Information, we require that they comply with our Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. We may also share such information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and Services.
- Where we propose to use your Personal Information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
(7) Confidentiality and Security
- We will keep confidential and protect your Personal Information and SPI except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or in instances where use and disclosure thereof is permitted under this Policy.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the SPI and Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and, once we receive it, for storage and disposal. All information we gather is securely stored within databases controlled by us. The databases are stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information and SPI, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We limit access to SPI and Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or Services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Third parties provide certain services available on our Website and on our behalf. We may provide information, including Personal Information and SPI, to third-party service providers to help us deliver our products, information, and Services efficiently and effectively. Service providers are also an important means by which we maintain our Website and mailing lists. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on our behalf through confidentiality agreements and otherwise. We do not intend to transfer SPI and Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on our behalf unless such transfer is legally required. Similarly, it is against our policy to sell SPI and Personal Information collected online without consent.
- If you choose to provide us with your SPI and Personal Information, we may transfer that SPI and Personal Information from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Your SPI and Personal Information may be collected and stored on servers located in the territory of India and such other countries as we may disclose from time to time.
(8) Third Party Websites
- TLLLF currently accepts donations from: (i) Indian citizens and organisations registered in India; (ii) Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) / foreign nationals; and (iii) organisations registered outside India, through various channels for donations made available on the Website and through other accepted channels. To this effect, if you wish to donate to TLLLF, you will be asked to supply certain compliance related documentation including your Permanent Account Number or any other similar identification details applicable in your territory. However, this information is not stored on our servers, and will be stored with a third-party website.
- If you wish to use the ‘gift a donation’ feature on the Website, we may collect Personal Information of a third party, limited to the name and email address of such third party, for the purpose of issuing a ‘thank you’ note for the donation made by you on behalf of the third party (“Third-Party Information”). You agree that you are solely responsible for the permissibility of usage of the Third-Party Information, and TLLLF will not be liable for any claims arising out of the use of the Third-Party Information.
- Anonymous donations will not be accepted. You agree that all information that you provide for the purpose of making a donation will be accurate, complete and current. Once you donate, you agree to fully complete and fulfill the obligations that arise out of your participation in donation / payments on the Website. You agree to pay all charges incurred by authorized users of your account and credit card or other payment mechanism at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred, to TLLLF, through its bankers / credit card companies. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes, if any.
- You understand that donations once made cannot be charged back, except in cases of fraudulent use, once investigation is carried out by necessary governmental / bank authorities and proof substantiated. In case any donation receipt is issued against the same, that shall stand cancelled, and any income tax benefit so derived shall be null and void. Please note that with regard to any donations made to TLLLF, the acceptance of the same is at the sole discretion of TLLLF. TLLLF reserves its sole rights to accept or reject any donation without assigning any reason thereof, with full money being refunded to the applicant.
(10) Contacting You
We may contact you using the Personal Information you have given us:
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the Services to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence, including but not limited to emails and newsletters
- Where you have issued a query or requested information from us
- To invite you to participate in surveys, opinion polls, etc., about our Services or otherwise (participation is always voluntary); and
- To provide you information about our new products and Services, where you have specifically agreed to receive this.
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information and SPI, we wish to maintain accurate and current Personal Information and SPI. Should you need to update or correct that SPI and Personal Information, please contact us and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in your SPI and Personal Information that we hold as soon as practicable. You can obtain the information we currently hold on you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use our best efforts to send you the information within 14 days of receipt of your email.
(12) Termination of User Account
(13) Consent and Amendments
By using this Website, you consent to the terms of this Policy and to our use and management of Personal Information and SPI for the purposes and in the manner herein provided. Should this Policy change, we intend to take every reasonable step to ensure that these changes are brought to your attention by posting all changes prominently on our Website for a reasonable period of time. Your visit and any dispute over privacy are subject to this Policy.
(14) Applicable Law
This Policy and information contained herein, shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India and the courts of Bangalore, India shall retain exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same.